Saturday, September 6, 2008

Schlep Bag

I belong to several Yahoo Quilting Groups. I enjoy them all. I'm always inspired by others creativity.

On my group "SewGoodFriends", Jana puts out challenges for the members. The current challenge was to make a schlep bag. The pattern can be found here:
http://sentimentalstitches.net/free-stuff/free-quilt-patterns/schlep-bag/

I also belong to the baseballswap group. We swap 6 1/2" squares of cotton fabric. The amount you swap and receive depends on how well the MLBB team or teams that you're backing are playing. I began participating last year. I chose the Mets, because that's the team that I grew up routing for AND I chose the Tampa Bay Rays because no one else in the group was picking them. Of course, because of the Tampa Bay Rays, I sent out more than I received last year. This year, is another story. Tampa Bay ROCKS!

Anyways, I now have quite a few 6 1/2 inch squares and decided to make a schlep bag while utilizing some of them. Since I used smaller squares of fabric then the pattern called for, I had to modify the pattern and got lost doing it. Regardless, the end result came out nicely. Here's two pics, one of each side.